Saturday, September 8, 2007

German Drinky Drink






It is amazing what difference a year makes. Last night I sat enjoying a few delicious German beers at Resi's with Karen (home by 11:30, up this morning by 5:30).

This same time last year, and for the past many years, I would have been enjoying Lincoln Square's Octoberfest and carni-games. Large mugs of Becks, sweaty crowds and framed poster of Lil Bow-Wow. Normally the night would continue with a Lincoln Avenue Pub Crawl and perhaps a nightcap at the ever popular Oakwood...

It's amazing how Miss Addison changes our version of big night out. For the record, she and her father headed home by 9:00, and I was left unchaperoned ~ risky!

Last weekend I tried to enjoy the open bar at Steve and Tamar Haro's wedding...I was hung over until Wednesday. So sad ;( Addison behaved much better than I did, she got down in her party dress and slept through her first plane ride. It was a very big weekend!

No comments: