Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday in Review

Sometimes I feel like all I do is pick up quilts and put them away. Maybe because it's so darn fun!

However, today wasn't one of those days. This morning Addie and I drove over to Joseph-Beth Booksellers, on the eastside, to for a reading and signing of Haiku Baby. The author and illustrator is a friend of Genna's, and signed one of Addison's favorite books, Peanut Butter and Jelly Fishes, as shower gift from Genna and Elise.

The reading was great, and the book is adorable. Even better, we discovered that Addie is old enough to enjoy story time and to fully explore all the toys the store has out to play with. It was funny to see her among a gaggle of other babies and toddlers, still being as confident and loud as always.

After our book outing we headed home, with Elise in tow, giving Genna the afternoon off. Elise, Addie and I soaked up the extremely warm weather by playing in the pool and with Addie's River Run Water Park (Thanks, Gran & Gramps Johnson!!).

Addison finally decided to take a nap around two, and Elise and I forged on playing house, "baking" pies, "making" popcorn, and reading lots of stories. Three-year-old girls have incredible imaginations...I felt horribly uncreative!

When Genna and Elise headed home Addie and I headed back outside to splish-splash some more...only this time she wanted to be a part of the River Run, and had zero interest in wearing clothes.

Andy's worried about her lifting her dress up....I'm a bit more concerned about her desire to be nude in the back yard.

3 comments:

Mich said...

she has a great laugh!

Kate C. said...

How cute is she? Umm, do you think next time I come to visit you could offer me a chance to play with the River of Fun or whatever it is?? That looks amazing.

Oh and congrats on the yard work. Did you get the tree/weed that was sticking out of your bushes or did you leave it to Andy (who pointed it out to me and told me how it was coming out)

Sue said...

Gotta love the giggle!