Thursday, August 14, 2008

Food. Good.

It drives my Dad a bit crazy that I talk all the time about Addison and her love of food. But really, what good would I be if I weren't driving my Dad crazy? I've been doing it for darn close to 31 years (close to 31 years, but not yet 31 years) and, my god, I'm good at it.

So here is the latest food update.
Pureed food? No longer on the menu.
Addison often has for dinner whatever we are having. That has included: mustard-dill chicken, sauteed mushrooms, pot stickers, bratwurst, cheeseburgers, crab, shrimp, grouper, roasted sweet potato, caprese salad, chicken ceasar salad...blah blah blah.

For lunch these days she enjoys a plethora of culinary treats including: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grilled chicken, cheese, yogurt, mixed fruit, egg salad, last night's leftovers.
For breakfast she often feasts on such delicacies as: bananas, blueberries, yogurt, oatmeal with mixed berries, scrambled eggs, toast, english muffin and a few cups of whole milk.

No joke she eats like a three year old. Yet, she still can sniff out a green bean or piece of broccoli. Anything she does not find enjoyable gets flung from her highchair tray...Andy and I are trying to break that little habit, but are struggling. Thus, my floor always needs mopping.


I guess a dirty floor is the price you pay to have a child who will at least try anything...further proof that she is not all Neyer and has some of my genetic make-up.




4 comments:

Christie said...

Green Eggs and Ham!!!

Kate C. said...

Why doesn't she eat skyline chili? I saw her eating the crackers, but what about a coney? That would be fun to clean up!

Does she like feta as much as her mom?

Mich said...

Wow, dinner's at your house sound tasty!

Sue said...

Hmm, but by NOW you are 31, aren't you?? Happy Birthday! And keep the food stories coming -- I love them!