Wednesday, October 22, 2008

To Addison's Grampa...

Today would have been Bob's 54th birthday....there are still days where I can't quite believe that he's not right around the corner telling a corny joke or craving a SnoBug. I am sad for all of us, not having him around in our everyday lives, but I am particularly sad that his beautiful grandchildren won't be able to remember what an amazing and kind person he was.

I know that we will smother them with stories and my hope is that through our memories they will know how very lucky they are to have had such a compassionate and dedicated grandfather.

While we will honor him in our own private ways, and as a family, today I still wanted to add a chapter to Addison's blog about her grandfather. That way one day when she reads all this drivel, she will pause, for a moment or two, on today and be flooded with the beauty of who is was.

Here's to Grampa:











2 comments:

Christie said...

Happy Birthday Bob!

Mich said...

Nothing like a good cry to start the day. Happy Bday Bob!