Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sometimes I wonder how I fill my days.

I don't get up and go to work. I don't sit in an office and counsel students. I don't navigate the halls of an elementary school breaking up fights. I don't meet with parents to explain why their child isn't succeeding in the third grade. I don't worry about meeting deadlines or adhering to state standards. I don't make calls to DCFS because of suspicious bruises. I don't wake up and fall asleep worrying about 400 children that aren't mine.
That is what used to fill most of my waking hours.

So what do I do all day that leaves me so exhausted by 8 p.m.?

I don't scrub floors.
I occasionally get the laundry done.
I rarely clean the bathrooms.
I do keep the kitchen the kitchen in relative order.
Once in a while I weed the garden.

But mostly this is how my days are filled:


2 comments:

Mich said...

Yay for bubbles!

She has the most precious little voice.

Sue said...

I LOVE her voice!