Thursday, April 8, 2010

A midweek moment


I'm not sure what secrets they were sharing.
I imagine that they were whispering about princesses and flowers and birds.
I have no doubt that they shared a close to perfect moment together - and I was jealous.
I didn't want to be doing the dishes, folding the laundry, wiping the counters, tiding the family room.
I wanted to be sitting, quietly in a colorful tutu, sharing in their secretes.
I wanted to be plotting, scheming, laughing.
But by witnessing their moment I was reminded that quietness is magical.
Dandelions are quite beautiful.
And a little girl's kitty cat is truly her best friend.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

oooooooohhhhhhhh! How cute is that?

Unknown said...

Just not her dad's best friend....

Aunt Janet said...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. A mother's cherished moment.

TKW said...

That is an adorable picture! I love that you're imagining what they're "chatting" about.

ck said...

I love it! They're even leaning the same way.

Gibby said...

This is one of the best pics I have seen in a while!