Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Perspective

Today has just been one of those trying days.
I know I have no right to complain - I just had a weekend away with girlfriends and laughter - I had a break from motherhood, which very few mothers get to have.
And it's true, when I returned I was in awe. She seemed older and wiser and worldlier. She seemed to have grown a year in four days. I was smothered in cuddles and kisses and love.

And then she cut her hair.
And hit me.
And threw her fork across the kitchen.
She got up in the middle of the night to sneak into our bed and stomped her foot when she was sent back to her room.
She pouted and spit and shrieked.
She threw mini-tantrums and a tiara at the cat.

And she clutched my hand as we crossed the street.
And started the dishwasher.
And helped spread peanut butter across her toast.
She explored the Children's Museum with wild abandon and endless curiosity.
She thanked Andy and I for dinner and said we were the best cooks.
She fed the cat without having to be reminded.

**********************************************************************************************************************
At the start of the summer she planted sunflower seeds with Gramma Kathy and needed me to help her feed the birds.
That flower is now taller than her and she takes care of the birds all on her own.

Older and wiser and worldlier - three.



1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my! She is so much bigger,and wiser and more worldly than when I saw her 2 wks ago. Good job on the sunflower and the birdies. Gramma is proud of you...and your new haircut!