Friday, January 21, 2011

Snowday inspiration

When we first moved to Cincinnati I would walk everywhere with Addie in the stroller. We would wander to UDF for milkshakes, to Kroger for groceries, to the book store to kill time. On occasion we would wander the aisles of Whole Foods pretending that it was okay to spend $100 on five items of produce. Mostly I liked the smell of their bakery, the samples in their cheese aisle and the array bright, fresh flowers.

On one of those aimless Whole Foods trips I found a mug in the clearance aisle and it made me smile, so I bought it.
This morning I randomly grabbed that mug out of the cabinet and it was the perfect antidote to two days snowed in the house with a mercurial toddler. It says:

live with intention.
walk to the edge.
listen hard.
practice wellness.
play with abandon.
laugh.
choose with no regret.
continue to learn.
appreciate your friends.
do what you love.
live as if this is all there is.
So I took a break from laundry and made my husband breakfast. I noticed my bored daughter and brainstormed in-door fun. I sat alone for five minutes and stretched my stiff, aching body. We tied on our homemade aprons and made cherry jello.
And I thought about those words and how to incorporate them into my days - and I know that I can't walk to the edge everyday. And that practicing wellness takes a lot of effort and that it's not always easy to laugh when being bossed around by a three year old, but it's okay to try.
So that's what I'll do.
I'll try.

No comments: