Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

This Thursday I am thankful for:

The cleaning ladies who scoured my house.  I am not the world's best housekeeper, and with an expanding belly I am that much worse.  My floors look better than they have in years (ack!  years??) and I am not embarrassed to have people stop by.  Now if I could just find a dishes and laundry fairy take up residence with us...

Vegetarian black bean chili and corn muffins.  Addie did all the mixing of the muffin ingredients and helped add things to the chili, but still informed me that the chili didn't "taste so good".  She is her father's daughter, beans and tomatoes offend her.  I, however, loved how it made my kitchen smell and how delicious it tasted - all the more for me.

A beautiful Fall day - the skies are blue, the wind is gently blowing and Addie is outside playing at a neighbor's - perfection.

Going on a girl date with Hilary.  Hilary and Aaron moved to our neck of the wood from Chicago and we are so excited to have them here.  Aaron, Andy and I have been good friends since our Loyola days and Hilary fits in perfectly to our ridiculousness.  Plus, I had an excuse to go gorge on a yummy meal at Tag's and get a fancy manicure.  Yay for girl dates!

Early Christmas shopping.  I most likely won't be able to do very much shopping after Thanksgiving, so I have been trying to get a few things done early - so far I have my nephews, Elise, and some of Addie done - now I just need to find good hiding places.

The few good nights of sleep that I have managed to log.  Sadly they aren't consecutive and are probably aided by a few Tylenol PM, but they are glorious when they happen.

Harper Lee!!  After a very long, drug free labor, one of my dearest friends finally became a mother to a beautiful, curly blond headed, 8 pound 8 ounce baby girl.  She called me on her way to the hospital (in North Carolina) and I about died waiting for news - for 30 hours!  Miss Harper is so lucky to be born to the amazing people that she was born to and I can't wait (even though I know I'm going to have to) to get my hands on her.  Why is Cincinnati so far away from Durham??

The start of ballet and jazz.  Leotards.  Tutus.  Ballet slippers.  All of it.  Three times a month from now until the "big, big show" in April Miss Thang will learn to dance...hopefully.

1 comment:

Mich said...

Yay for Harper Lee! Wonderful news!

and yay for ballet and jazz! I LOVED dance class and was a ballerina until senior year in high school - I want to take classes again. Maybe Addie will be my inspiration (after this kiddo exits of course).