Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

This Thursday I am thankful for:

Finding a greasy pizza joint that is nowhere near my house, but worth the trip on a Wednesday night with my little family.  The crust was so thin, with speckles here and there of a crispy burn; the pepperoni was plentiful and fabulously greasy; the cheese was salty and the ambiance was that of a unclean gas station - Pizza perfection.

Early afternoon naps snuggled in a twin size bed with a beautiful toddler nestled by my side, her hand on my endlessly growing belly.

Purple tutus.  Black leotards, tights and ballet slippers.  Blond hair pulled back in a pony tail.

My Kindle and a hot, soaky, bubble bath.  There is nothing like a good book to sweep you away from the uncomfortableness of pregnancy, coupled with warm scented water.  Oh, and silence, because I have finally smartened up and now lock the door when I escape to the tub.

Neighbors who will mow my lawn for a fair price - Andy spent the beginning of the week painting our basement (and yes, I am super thankful for that too) and the end of the week traveling for work.  He'll also be traveling a majority of next week - if we held off on cutting the lawn until his return I am afraid that it would be over Addie's head.  Enter neighbor David who had it all done by 7:45 tonight - Thanks neighbor David!!

Beautiful summer like weather this week - 70s and 80s and clear skies.  Perfect for a fire pit at night - which hopefully we'll do this weekend when Karen and Matt get here.  Not ideal for a pumpkin patch, but we'll make it work anyway.

The colorful mums on the front porch.

My freshly painted basement in "denim blue" and "smokey charcoal" and the new bar stools - in just about two months I will finally be able to cozy up to that bar, on a new bar stool, and not have juice box.

My ultrasound today.  When I went into the doctor earlier this week there was concern that I was "measuring small" (which I couldn't understand because I feel enormous).  I was  scheduled for an ultrasound "as soon as possible" which was today.  For 48 hours I didn't obsess about the possibility of there being something wrong, but I did fret.  Luckily, there was no reason to worry.  The littlest lady is doing just fine, THANKFULLY, with what the ultrasound tech called a full belly and a good sized head.  She also reported that as of right now the weight estimate is 5 pounds 1 ounce...and we still have seven more weeks of marinating to go!

2 comments:

Mich said...

Naps in twin beds with little ones are the best.

5lbs 1 oz? Nice growing lady!!

Sue said...

So glad everything went well at the ultrasound. Good girl!