Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday

On this Thursday I am thankful for:

An impromptu date with my husband that included very greasy pizza, a pitcher of beer, and no kids.  It's been a long month of barely seeing each other, so it was nice to steal a few hours in the middle of the week.

Kindergarten.  Kind of.  I am thankful for Kindergarten because I know how wonderful it is for Addie - I know that she will thrive.  The kind of part comes in, because since starting Kindergarten Addison has been horrendous.  Eye rolling, foot stomping, sassy mouthed horrendous.  So bad that even Miss Kelsey, her beloved babysitter, noticed it.

Morning naps - Brenna is still a helluva good napper.  Right now her schedule seems to be get up at 7 a.m., down for a nap by 9 a.m..   Up at 11:30 a.m. down for a nap by 2 p.m.  The morning nap is always and hour to an hour and half long, the afternoon nap is even longer.  Lovely.

Plans for a weekend sleepover at the Lee's.  We are super lucky to have good friends from Chicago live about a half hour away.  We've been anxious to play with them, but their new little baby makes playing a bit complicated.  So instead of orchestrating babysitters and making elaborate plans, we all decided to have a sleepover and a fun night in.

Being home for a few weekends.  It has been a whirlwind few months of traveling and I am ready to be planted in my own home for awhile. 

Getting that much closer to being done with the kitchen remodel.  The new light fixtures should be up this week and the painting contractor for the foyer, kitchen and mudroom will hopefully be hired.  Once I sand and paint the baseboards and we finally decide on window treatments, it will be all done!

Finally organizing a girls weekend for the end of November - it cannot come soon enough.

Finding a few minutes to sit down and write.  I don't feel like I have much to say these days, but I always feel a bit better when something has been said.



3 comments:

TKW said...

Oh, Addie is giving attitude! Luckily, she is so cute that she can get away with murder. :)

Kate C. said...

I can't believe little Addie E is acting out. Boo! Hopefully that will stop ASAP.

What are you going to do with all of this time on your hands? Esp in the morning?! Can't believe how fast they are growing up

Christie said...

I cannot wait for Girls Weekend!!!