Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Zen Baby

Well, we made it to yoga. Overall, it was a smashing success compared to the massage class...Addison allowed me to do about 1 pose and 3 stretches....a rousing success. Just like the night before, all the other babies seemed to know how to behave ~ sweetly cooing, gurgling, flirting with those around them. Mine, of course cried, made her sad face and let at least one toot slip out.

Okay, let's be honest the word toot makes her sound dainty. She farted ~ she always farts. Nice, loud, stinky. You know she's in the room when her gas erupts.

Anyway, back to yoga....we ended the session by playing games and singing baby songs, both activities Addison really seemed like. And I swear, for the rest of the day she was a much more mellow baby than usual. I made it not only through the Lincoln Square Farmer's Market and a fabulous lunch (spinach stuffed gnocchi with a black truffle cream sauce...what? YUM!) but was able to sit in the square and drink a cup of coffee. Total zen baby...

On a completely different note, Addison and I got to hang out all day yesterday with Aunt Janet...What a treat for us both. All three of us giggled and smiled and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. I'm sure if Addison had words she would have turned to me and said, "Damn, mom that lady is fabulous!" ~ Without hesitation, I would have agreed with her.

No comments: