Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I don't know what I am doing wrong

Apparently I am much more fun than Daddy, because when I am home Addison is no longer interested in her nap. At all. Not even a tiny little bit.


This morning when I put her down for her nap, she played quietly in her crib for a bit. Then she started moaning. Then complaining. Then yelling. Finally, it was this:





Yep, she's standing up trying to plot her escape. Oh dear lord.



I took her out of her crib and off we headed to Kohl's. Of course within six minutes of being in the car little Miss sleepypants was asleep and drooling. Thanks kiddo!



While our day started off a little rough (see above for a refresher) overall it has been lovely. We drove by our new house and saw that the new roof is finally being put on. We shopped at Kohl's with a 30 percent off coupon and we got to have lunch with Aunt Kimmie and Baby Rylan.



Addison is back down for another nap now...although it kind of sounds like it is going to morph into something similar to the morning nap. Boo.



I am going to go get dinner prepped, take my shower (I know it's 3:30. I know I am a hopeless slob), and throw in another load of laundry.



The excitement in my life never quite ends, does it?


**Update, 1 hour later.


Addison, again, deteriorated into a full out meltdown in her crib.


Once again, I opened her door and she was standing up, hanging on to her rail, rocking back and forth and crying. This time, I got her up and fed her some delish chopped spinach and yogurt. Half way through eating she started rubbing her eyes, so I gave a few more spoonfuls of the good stuff and then put her back to bed. She is now asleep.


I have prepped our Chicken Florentine dinner and it is in the crock pot. I'm not going to lie to you, it looks inedible. There is an 85 percent chance we'll be ordering pizza for dinner.


One of these days I am going to excel at being a housewife...probably just in time to head back to work.

1 comment:

Kate C. said...

That sucks! Did you at least buy yourself something nice at Kohl's?