Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Synopsis

I'm too tired and too sweaty to put much effort into this post. I know, you're right, I should just drink my wine and go to bed. Instead, however, I am going to give a brief update:

  • Addison and Michelob continue to work on their relationship. Today Addie only pulled Michelob's fur two dozen times, yanked her tail twice, squished her paws a bit, and grabbed at her ears repeatedly. Mich put up with it. I guess she decided it was better than what Addie tried to pull earlier this week. Much to her parents' dismay, Addie tried to put her finger in Mich's behind. Amusing? A bit. Gross? Completely.
  • We did not get the pseudo-minivan. Thank god. We thought about it, and it would have been a sensible buy, but in the end, I couldn't get over the sliding rear doors. We now are proud owners of a 2008 Hyundai Tuscon. It's white with a beige interior and I only feel a smidgen like a soccer mom in it. Really am I any more a soccer mom in my Tuscon than Karen is in her CR-V or Michelle in her Explorer? Not really (except for the fact that I actually am a mom).
  • Andy's cousin Genna (she's on the right) came over yesterday to make Addie's sunshiny yellow room into a jungle....and it's AWESOME! I am meeting her back at the house tomorrow so she can detail all the painting she's done...I can't wait to see the finished product. Awfully fitting that my zoo pal (and really only pal in Cincinnati) is painting a jungle, don't you think? I forgot to take a "before" picture, but will be sure to post an "after" picture.
  • I have been packing like crazy and feel confident that we'll be ready for the movers on Friday. Let me tell you, it is not fun to pack when the humidity is 96 percent. It is not fun to pack when you have no energy. It is not fun to pack when your "11" month old is being helpful. Helpful, as in whatever I pack away she wants to get out. Helpful, as in the sound of the tape being pulled across the boxes is startling and makes her pseudo-cry. Helpful, as in "I want to pull all of my hair out", but I won't because I am standing up in two weddings in the next three months. Helpful.
  • Ohio has kicking thunderstorms. I mean these suckers make you move away from the windows and wonder if you should seek shelter. With any luck our brand spanking new roof has kept us dry....

Wine glass is empty. Time for bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there and thanks for the update!