Thursday, July 24, 2008

New Discovery

I forgot to let you know that on Tuesday I had the distinct honor of taking Addison to her 1 year check up. (I still can't believe that a year has passed.)
I say it was a distinct honor, because not only did I want to curl up into a ball and die due to my tiny little bronchitis infection, but Addie also got 4 shots. Four? Really? Is that necessary?
What a treat.


I love our pediatrician in Cincinnati. She is kind, she is gentle, she thinks my baby is adorable, and she is remarkably on time for her appointments. Our doctor in Chicago routinely had us waiting an hour plus ~ that is not cool ever, but it is super not cool when you have an infant with you.
Anyway, our new doc is great and Addison was super amused by all her noises. Doc said that my babe is doing wonderfully, developmentally she is right on target. Her latest stats are:
Height: 31.75 inches off the charts! Guesstimated at the 98th percentile
Weight: 22.2 pounds looking good 68th percentile


But forget all that crap, she now has learned a new trick. Forget asking her how big she is. Forget having her show you patty cake. Where are her piggy toes? Who Cares?? Dancing? Old news.


Addison officially knows where . . . her . . . BELLY BUTTON is!! She first found it in Carolina, but now she can show it you on command. Awesome. Now she'll pull her dress up over her head and show you her belly ~ Her Dad's not too thrilled about that aspect. I assured him that for now it's cute ~ In high school we can start worrying.


Finding her belly button in North Carolina
Finding her belly button today

**Also be forewarned, if you are laying on the ground Addie will crawl over to you and lift up your shirt and look for your belly button too. So far she's found mine, Andy's and Renata's :)

No comments: