Friday, October 31, 2008

Mullet-be-gone

When my older brother was little he had big, gorgeous ringlets of blond hair. I have seen pictures, and damn, was he a cutie! Legend has it, that while my mom was at work or out doing "mom things" my dad surreptitiously brought my brother down to White's Barber Shop, and, BAM, no more big gorgeous curls left...and they never came back.
I am pretty sure my dad broke my mom's heart that day, and I have heard this story at least twelve dozen times.

As Addison's hair finally started to fill in earlier this year, I was thrilled to find a nest of big, gorgeous ringlets at the nape of her neck. Unfortunately, we soon discovered that while the ringlets were sassy and adorable, they were slowly growing into a pretty impressive mullet.
So, with an apprehensive heart, I asked Aunt Kimmie to give Addison a trim.

Earlier this week we met over at Grandma's for yet another "first" in the life of Addison. Addie refused to sit with the cape on, and eventually we decided to get the job done, Aunt Nikki would hold Addie and Aunt Kimmie would attack the mullet.
With in minutes, all those curls were gone....but more importantly so was the baby mullet. And, oh boy, did she looked cute and perfectly coiffed.

No worries, I have a zip lock bag in my purse with one perfectly preserved ringlet, just in case, like my brother, those curls never reappear.

3 comments:

Kate C. said...

She looks so cute!

Christie said...

You should have left one on and then she could have experienced the 80's sensation of having a "tail"...hee hee!

Sue said...

If her curls never come back, you could always give her a baby perm and then I will put a picture of HER on my fridge...