Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tagged & Playing along

I got "tagged" by Lauren...I don't know what that means, but I'll play along...


The first part of the tag is to post the 6th picture from the 6th picture folder on your computer, which, oddly, is this: Addison last March napping at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Thankfully, she's napping now too. Primarily because I think she is in a carb comma, from the baguette she chowed on at Panera today.




The second part of the tag is as follows:
1. Link the tagger and provide the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs
Seven facts about me:
1. I am deaf in my right ear. I tell people that this is because my mom put the Q-tip in too far while cleaning my ears while I was a child, but that is a lie. I am missing a nerve (I think) and have never been able to hear out of that ear. I did try hearing aids for stint in middle school, but that was disastrous as I usually picked up the plumbing dispatch calls for Yankee Plumbing, making concentrating in Mrs. Soules social studies class very difficult. It is quite convenient, however, when I want to ignore you.
2. I have lived in four cities. I grew up in Pittsfield, MA (yes, Pittsfield is a city!). I went to school in Chicago at Loyola and lived in Chicago for years after. I lived in Evanston, IL for two years while working at Girls Hope (man, I did love Evanston ~ so cute). I now live in Cincinnati, and surprisingly love it here.
3. I used to be enrolled in a plethora of dance classes. I took ballet for years, tap, jazz and acrobatics. I even did gymnastics for what seemed like forever. If you have ever seen my coordination or dance moves you would swear I was lying.
4. I started off college Pre-med. I was even offered a scholarship to UMASS Amherst that put me in advanced science classes and placed me in a pre-med dorm. I quickly learned at Loyola that a huge component of medicine is chemistry. Chemistry is essentially math. I suck at math and therefore graduated with a degree in Communications (me and all the basketball players).
5. I ran the Chicago Marathon in 2006 and was unknowingly pregnant at the time. Yep, that officially makes me awesome.
6. I am a list maker. I make lists for the grocery store. I make lists of chores to be done. I make lists of thank you notes to write. I make lists because I love the satisfaction of crossing off my accomplishments. Sometimes I even add things to my lists that I have already done just so I can cross them off.
7. I have seen Air Supply in concert three times. And I loved all three concerts, just me and a bunch of desperate middle aged ladies throwing roses at the stage. "Laying alone with my head on the phone, thinking of you till it hurts. I know you hurt, but what else can I do..." God love those sappy fools.
People I am going to Tag:

2 comments:

Mich said...

My favorite is #5 - that totally makes you a rockstar! I don't know how you did it....

Sue said...

I checked my computer to see what my 6th pic in my 6th folder would be, but there are only 2 pics in my 6th folder -- it's Gerald Murphey's, so he's just getting started. But the 6th pic in my FIRST folder is of Addison dressed as a monkey, and that one made me VERY happy.