Monday, January 12, 2009

Mini Me?

Addison has been super mischievous lately. She knows exactly what she is not supposed to touch (i.e.: TV, Xbox, fireplace set, CD player, electrical sockets), looks me dead in the eye and slowly reaches out to the forbidden object.
  • The Xbox is (as of today) hidden behind the TV to avoid the pure temptation of pushing the huge circular power button.
  • The TV can't be hidden, but it is to the point that I am actually considering unplugging it.
  • All the electrical sockets are safety guarded, but someone is smart enough to know how to get the safety plugs out.
  • The fireplace set is out in the open, the only thing I can do is keep the sharper tools toward the back.

Today, however, when she unloaded the CD changer in the basement I may have lost my temper. I found my "big" voice and told her NO. I squatted down to her level, putting my hand on my hip for balance, and shook my pointer finger at her and said "NO Addison. You do not play with Daddy's CD player. NO."


She looked back at me with those gorgeous, big eyes. Put her hand on her hip. Smirked. And pointed her finger at me while giggling.

I think she got the message loud and clear. Mommy is someone to take seriously.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Think again,baby girl!!!! It's just begun! The Apple doesn't fall far.....

Christie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!Wish I could have been there to see it!!