- The Dark Knight was worth the hype. Great movie and some wonderful shots of the Windy City. I am thankful that Chicago is not quite as bad off as Gotham.
- When your body says you are going to throw up it means it. Don't try to conquer the urge with mind over matter, it just makes the throwing up at 1:30 a.m. that much more awful.
- If I am throwing up, there is a good chance that it is a bug or food poisoning. If it is a bug, there is a good chance Addison will throw up too.
- As a mother, how sick you feel suddenly disappears once you realize your child is sick.
- Vomit is not the kryptonite I always claimed it to be. Turns out that I can pick up a baby who is sobbing and spewing vomit, even if that means the vomit is going to be spewed all over me.
- Washing vomit out of your hair is a chunky experience and not at all enjoyable.
- When Addison doesn't feel good, snuggling with Mommy, Nemo and Lion makes almost everything better.
- When grown-ups are sick we feel it for a lot longer than babies. When babies are sick they throw up and then go about their business of getting all their toys out and dressing up the cat.
- It pays to have friends who are nurse practitioners and doctors.
- One quarter of a hundred disc CD loader can be unloaded while Mommy's back is turned to switch the laundry.
- It hurts babies a lot less and scares babies a lot less when they fall up the stairs rather than down the stairs.
- I am thankful to not wear a diaper...those rashes look miserable.
- The laundry and dishes don't care that you are sick, they still pile up.
- My husband makes a great Acini de Peppi for me when I feel yucky.
- They mean it when they call it a "24 hour bug"...bring it on world - I can face you now.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Here are a few things I've learned over the past couple of days:
Posted by Jessica