Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big Mistake.

Big. Huge.

When we got in the car to go to Grandma's for dinner on Sunday I said to Andy: "It smells nast in here. Like something is dead."
And then I pulled out of the garage, drove to Grandma's and enjoyed a lovely dinner of Beef Burgundy. As we drove home I was too distracted by a miserable toddler to notice the miserable smell of my car.

Yesterday, on the way to StrollerFit, I thought to myself: "It is rank and old smelling in here. I really need to clean this car."
And then I got to class, sweated a lot, drove home, put my sleeping baby down for a nap and immersed myself in the mountain of laundry that threatened to overtake my basement.

Today, I bravely decided to take the kiddos to Meijer for a quick outing. As I got the car ready for them (installing a carseat, putting snacks and juice in the front seat) I noticed a miserable, rank, old smell.
This time I decided to investigate. I found an empty straw cup. And then I found the dreaded, horrible straw cup that was not empty. It was full.

Full of fully curdled milk.

I have found many of these before.

According to another mommy, they are one of the Top Ten Things to Avoid. I should have heeded her wisdom or at least learned from my prior experience.

I have opened and attempted to salvage the utility of some of them. One even went through the dishwasher twice, but the smell never fully disappated.

I opened today's treasure. I then vomitted in my mouth, squeezed my eyes shut and threw it into the trash can. Ick. Ick. Double ick.

At least the Easter Bunny brought me a car jar. Tonight my car smells like putrid milk, by tomorrow it will smell like an Island Spa.

2 comments:

Kate C. said...

That is disgusting! At least it wasn't a mouse. I heard on Car Talk on NPR the story of a mouse in some part of a car and basically that smell will never come out. So I guess it could be worse.

Gibby said...

Oh, I hate finding those cups!! I don't care how fancy the sippy cup, sports cup, whatever, into the trash it goes. Nasty!