Monday, April 20, 2009

No. NOOOOO. No. NO. NOOO.

I believe that it was around this time last year that I had a flurry of food posts. I wrote endlessly about what Addison liked, disliked, gulped down or spit out. I feel I am about to be in another themed place, only this time it is words.

I love hearing her figure out new words and I think that it is hysterical that when she is trying to keep herself awake she'll practice her words over and over. She chats to me in the car, she chats on one of her 42 cell phones. She talks the kitty's ears off.

Some of the latest additions to her lexicon are: pink, white, purple, blue, Elmo, outside, shower, swing, sock, chalk, car, truck, choo choo, pee pee, thank(you), book, baby and cheese.

She also is getting good at repeating names when we tell them to her. With our plethora of visitors over the past month she can now say Steve, Kate and Mike. She also has the Ka of Karen. By the end of next week, and my mom and aunt's visit, I have the sneaking suspicion that she'll have some version of Janet learned and be sixty steps closer to saying Gramma.

She is stringing together some words: Go Kitty Go! No RyRy No! Chalk outside. BUBBLES BATH! Go car. And her favorite as of late:



NO MAMA.



Whoa boy...I feel like the new RyRy.


I get told NO so much that I am starting to have flashbacks to middle school and asking my mom if I could DO ANYTHING. (Her response 99 percent of the time was "NO. You're grounded." My response to her response was usually something that got me grounded for even longer. It was a vicious, vicious cycle.)


Over the past several days pretty much anything I ask Addison is met with an immediate NO even though half the time she means YES.


Addison, do you want some milk? NO.

Addison, do you want to get ready for class? NO.

Addison, did you poo your pants? NO.

Addison, would you like some sausage? NO.

Addie, are you ready for ni-night? NO.


Really, I could just keep going, but I think you get the point. But in case you don't, let me drive it home with this one:


Addie, can Mommy have a kiss ni-night? NO.

Addie, please? NO NO NO.

Addie, that's not nice. Can Mommy please have a kiss? NOOOOO.

And, truly, only about fifty percent of the time do I get a booger smeared kiss.
Ouch.

Apparently, when she says no, she means it.



Just wait for tomorrow when she says:

Mama, chalk? NO.*

Mama, bubbles? NO.**

Mama, chocolate? NO***





HA! Take that! I'm tough too, little lady.














*Translate: Of course, if it's not too rainy or cold.

**Translate: Of course, it makes you so happy.

***Translate: HELL NO. It's mine.

No comments: