Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Five Hours

At 5:45 a.m. she shouted out "DaaaaaDeeeee". I woke up.
At 5:46 a.m. she fell back asleep. I did not.

At 6:40 a.m. we headed downstairs for milk and the morning news.
At 7:26 a.m. I received a text message from Genna offering to take Addison. For. The. Day.

At 9:10 a.m. I kissed my kiddo buh-bye.
At 11:00 a.m. I was sitting at the salon getting my hair highlighted and cut.

I read my book.
I window shopped.
I tidied the kitchen.

At 2:00 p.m. Rylan came over to visit for a bit.

That's right, people, five hours of quiet childless freedom.
Go ahead, be jealous.

2 comments:

ck said...

I'd be jealous, but you totally deserve it.

There is nothing more beautiful than the surprise dropping off of a child. Such a wonderful gift.

Sue said...

Sounds like my average Saturday. ;)