Monday, June 15, 2009

Pearls

A few months before Addison was born I bought a saying to hang on her wall. When I spotted it I fell in love with it. When my friend Christie saw it she insisted I buy it. So I did, and it has been in Addison room since before Addison was. Each day as I pass it, it reminds me of all the wonderful things about my daughter. All she is now and all she will grow to be.


Sugar and Spice and everything fun and playful and vibrant and athletic and wonderful and caring and strong and tender and intelligent and creative and spontaneous and natural and magical and real...that's what little girls are made of.

That says it all.

She has skinned knees and bruised shins. She loves to run, throw balls, stomp in mud puddles. She plays with blocks and trucks and in dirt. She likes to use her tools to help daddy fix and build things. She is rough and tumble.


She wears dresses and hairbows. She loves to cuddle, hug the kitty, tuck in her baby dolls. She colors with pink and purple and likes sparkly things. She likes to push her grocery cart around the kitchen and help mommy make dinner. She is sweet and soft.

Some days I think she is going to climb trees and fall off bikes and head soccer balls like a champ. Other days, I think she is going to pick flowers and jump rope and pirouette her way through The Nutcracker.




She's fancy. She's tough. She's all girl.

4 comments:

Christie said...

I remember when you found that saying...she's so cute!!!

Kathy said...

You forgot...she's wonderful, she's fabulous, she's awesome, she's sweet, she's funny, she's loving, she's strong willed, she's beautiful, she's smart, she's goofy, she's absolutely Addison!

ck said...

What beautiful photographs. She looks so much older, just in this post alone.

Mich said...

I love that saying...and I am going to steal it. thanks.