- If there's any hope of me sleeping the ceiling fan must be on, even if the air conditioner is on.
- Grilling is the only viable option for cooking. a. The grill is outside and doesn't make the house even more uncomfortable. b. I don't grill, that's Andy's job.
- During our morning workouts I turn a lovely shade of magenta and my shirt gets bombarded with inappropriate sweat marks.
- Yard work is totally unappealing. Mowing, mulching, weed whacking, planting = ick.
- Having short hair makes the weather a bit more bearable.
But most importantly, the arrival of this humidity has introduced me to something wonderful: Addison's curls.
She has these whimsical little curls that make her devilish smile that much more adorable.
I never had those cute curls growing up, but I remember seeing pictures of my brother as a toddler with ringlets framing his face, looking like an angel. And I remember being jealous...not just of his toddler hair, but of any head of bouncy curls that crossed my path. I had several disastrous perms over the years in my quest for curls - it was not to be. Eventually I convinced myself that all the cowlicks on my head were curls. A bleak substitute for the real thing.
So, while the humidity is here, I am going to live vicariously through Addison's curls. And I'm not going to jealous of her.
Nope. Not jealous at all.