- Cooking fish for dinner, on my own without the help of the husband, and it being relatively successful.
- Two and half hours to myself that was well spent at Costco and Old Time Pottery leisurely walking the aisles contemplating purchases.
- Snuggles on the couch while watching Curious George.
- Finally finding the hokey love, laugh, live sign for my kitchen that I have been searching for endlessly.
- Seeing the scale go down a few numbers.
- Having finally cleaned and organized the garage - it no longer looks like a yard sale every time the garage door is open.
- Blue painted toenails on a toddler.
- Shorter, darker hair - like the good old days.
- Having an overdue phone date with my older brother.
- Having friends come to visit for the day and the weekend.
- A planned lunch at Melt for tomorrow.
- Deciding to listen to my body (er, my knee) and throw the towel in on the half marathon. I am 5Ker from now on and I'm okay for that (prepare for many rants to come).
- Not having the poison ivy that is hanging out on husband's arm.
- The rediscovery of Addie's pigtails.
- The last load of laundry being put in the dryer.
- A chilled glass of pinot grigio.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
This Thursday I am thankful for: