Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This Thursday I am thankful for:

Addison's suggestion of spaghetti, meatballs and Italian sausage for dinner.  It's cold and rainy and a big pot of meatballs seems like the perfect antidote to the gray skies.

The discovery of  the Green Lantern pizza at Dewey's - mozzarella, artichoke, mushroom, garlic, pesto and goat cheese.  Um, what??  I am also thankful for eating that pizza with a good friend in the middle of the week.

Having started Addie's Cinderella Halloween costume.  I've put together the bodice and most of the skirt and haven't yet cried.  Of course I have called my mother a dozen times and set up a sewing consultation with my mother-in-law.   Who knew sewing could be so darn hard?

Last weekend.  It was wonderful to be among friends and their unconditional love.  Not to mention the laughter, appetizers and the sweet smile of baby McKenna.

Getting some sleep.  I still wake up and need to pee constantly, but somehow I have managed a few hours of consecutive sleep each night this week. 

Watching Addie experience the theater for the first time.  Her wonder and awe made my cup runneth over.

My health, the directive from the doctor to take it easy and stay off my feet and my amazing husband who has picked up the slack without a complaint.  He paints, he builds bars, he cooks, he does the dishes, he reads bedtime stories.  Oh, and he works full time.  So very thankful.

Having cleaned off the 1300+ photos that were stored on my Blackberry - no worries, I kept a few of my favorites.

Seeing these darling faces in my rear view mirror - their friendship truly makes me smile.
Don't worry, I wasn't driving - we were parked in the preschool carpool line.

No comments: