Friday, June 1, 2012

Backlogged

Right before we left on vacation, Addie graduated from preschool.  Maybe it's because I am not pregnant like last year, maybe because it's I have realized that she is a big girl, maybe it's because the person running the graduation was completely void of emotion, but this year I did not get choked up.  Not when they played Pomp and Circumstance, not when she proudly marched down the aisle, not when she sang her song about Moms and Dads, and not when she proudly got her diploma.

Addie requested to wear her fanciest dress, the yellow one with the white polka dots.  She was excited to wear her yellow flats and begged to have her hair curled.  

She was up early, dressed and ready to go.  With the extra time we headed to Servatii's for a celebratory zebra donut to mark the occasion.

Now, a few weeks removed, I can't help but get a little misty.  At the end of this summer it's kindergarten and the yellow school bus and new friends.  And then after that....well, I can't quite think about all that yet.


2 comments:

Kate C. said...

What a big girl! I am very impressed that there was no zebra doughnut on the white sweater! Nice job!

Kathy said...

Oh my, so all grown up! Congratulations Addie!!!