Monday, December 31, 2012

Merry Christmas?


After our twenty days of Christmas I had such high hopes for this Christmas.  I envisioned hot chocolate by the fire place, epic games of Scrabble, leisurely breakfasts and Millionaires Coffee all while Harry Connick Jr crooned holiday songs in the background.
I was not prepared for reality.  Days of vomitting and diarreah, a cough that won't go away, a total deficeit of energy, gallons of Gatorade and several nights where the household bedtime was seven o'clock.
This Sickmas was nothing short of craptastic.  Most of Christmas day Addie spent curled on my lap or asleep.  She was feeling so sick that she could barely open her gifts, let alone be excited by them.  And then the day after Christmas hit - where Gramma Kathy, Andy and I all fell victim to the same horrible stomach bug.  And then Thursday morning arrived when Brenna woke up in a pool of puke.  We are all on the mend now...and we even got some snow to make it feel like Christmas.  I could go on and on about the fact that I am going stir crazy, doing loads of infected laundry, trying to disinfect the entire house and cannot figure out why Brenna's room still smells like vomit; instead here are some pictures showing the a few of the better moments from the last week or so...








1 comment:

Sue said...

Those are great photos, and you cannot tell that everyone is/was sick. Hoping 2013 starts out much healthier for all of us! P.S. You need to accept my request to follow you on instagram.