1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Mothered two little girls. Watched my baby board the bus to Kindergarten. Made more than three dinners that everyone liked. Swam in the Atlantic in December.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for 2013? I don't remember making resolutions last year, so if I did I didn't keep them. This year, however, I have some loose goals - to be a more patient person, a better cook, become more proficient at my camera.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Luckily, yes! Babies Meredith, Greyson, Cameron, Alison and Liliana arrived on the scene.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Luckily for me, no.
5. What countries did you visit? Wait, there are other countries I can visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? Patience. Organization. Consistent exercise.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Hmmm...um, none.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I don't feel like I achieved anything truly big this year...what a sad little statement.
9. What was your biggest failure? Prioritizing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing more than the worst Christmas flu ever.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A new kitchen.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? While there were some rocky days with Addie, overall her behavior was pretty darn impressive. She grew up SO much in 2012 that at times it leaves me breathless. Andy also deserves a gold star - he's become so handy particularly since building our new kitchen.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The political arena. The endless name calling and finger pointing and ridiculousness was super depressing. The senseless amount of gun violence through out the year in malls, movie theaters, places of worship and schools.
14. Where did most of your money go? New kitchen. Target. Mostly Target.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Mama, Dada, Adah. New teeth, crawling, hugs. Dance recitals, first day of school, reading. A new kitchen, a new camera lens, a weekend in South Carolina. Sleep.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Anything Mumford and Sons, Adele or Dawes.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier (most days)
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner (even if just smidgen)
c) richer or poorer? Richer in so many wonderful ways
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Listening, playing, relaxing. Taking it all a bit less seriously.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing over things that truly don't matter; crying out of frustration; raising my voice unnecessarily.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Cleaning up vomit and cuddling a sick five year old.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? That much more so with my little family, my sassy daughters and patient husband. I was also reminded of my love of a good book and perfect snapshot.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Revenge, Nashville, Newsroom, Homeland, Parenthood
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No
24. What was the best book you read? Really? One book? Loved so many - The Passage, The Twelve, Divergent/Insurgent, Enclave series (guess I'm on a post apocalyptic kick) The Kitchen House...
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don't discover music, Andy does. That being said I cannot help but love Mumford and Sons and I love chilling/cleaning/cooking to Dawes.
26. What did you want and get? a new kitchen, a girls get away, fleece lined leggins, a full night of sleep
27. What did you want and not get? To be in better shape - no one to blame but myself.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? There wasn't one. We watch movies here and there, but I can't say there was a favorite.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 35 in my childhood home. I had a mimosa in the hammock while reading uninterrupted. I got a manicure and pedicure. I noshed on take out Chinese food and was puked on by Brenna.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being more intentional with my time.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Slouch. Yoga pants and hoodies.
32. What kept you sane? Understanding that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. My husband. Little girl cuddles. Wine. Lots of white wine.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Mmmm. No one in particular.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The constant finger pointing from both sides of the aisle. Is that an issue?
35. Who did you miss? Same people I always miss - my pals from Chicago. My mom. The laughter of my scattered family.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Beyond the sweet new babies I don't think I met any new people....did I?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Just breathe.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. It's empty in the valley of your heart/ The sun, it rises slowly as you walk/ Away from all the fears/ And all the faults you've left behind (I told you it was a Mumford & Sons kind of year).