2. There is nothing more wonderful than the Carolina shore. Except sharing it with people you love and who love you. And who embrace Drink of the Day. Because let's be honest, when you vacation in one house with 13 other people, drinking is a necessity. Particularly if the drinks are pink. Or include PopRocks.
3. Having a friend who is crafty is awesome. The rain dampered about 1.5 of our days...while I hid on the porch reading some mindless young adult literature. There were masks and coloring pages. Tattoos and coffee filter art. Scraps of paper, glue, sand, shells, markers, crayons and so very much patience (mostly exhibited by the craft coordinator). Having a family member who buys glitter tattoos is not as awesome, unless, of course, you are turning six.
4. Dads + Kids + Beach = super cute.
7. It is totally possible to have fish for every dinner. Tuna steaks. Shrimp Jambalaya. Grouper. Fish Tacos. Shrimp Tacos. Clams Casino. Just awesome fish awesomeness. To be fair we had pizza the first night, but after that it all came from that lovely ocean we were swimming in. (Precisely why I don't swim in the ocean, by the way).
8. Mornings are earlier when you have a house full of kids, even when you are Andy. There was one morning that all 17 of us were awake before 7 a.m. Before 7 a.m.
11. And these two maybe sourpuss soulmates. But I have no doubt that they are on their way to total world domination.
12. Finally, it turns out that most families can take adorable beach shots together -
But us? Not so much.
*13. Spume is gross. Spume was everywhere. Spume makes for a great photo of a walk on the beach.