- Being home, my childhood home. Having coffee delivered to my room each morning. Reading in bed.
- The sound of my mother's laughter intermingled with Addison's giggles.
- Fresh baked apples squares, Bailey's and coffee, apple cider with Beam and sugar dusted apple cider doughnuts.
- Having a mother who buys cheap wine in bulk without shame.
- Seeing a high school pal and meeting her beautiful family.
- Watching my daughter rediscover the magic of Gramma's house - the candy bowl, the multiple bird feeders, the snuggly purple chair.
- Hearing Addie run to Gramma's room each morning and laughing as she's told "Good Morning Sunshine!".
- New England in the Autumn. This isn't even that awesome of a fall foliage, and yet it is still breathtaking. Gold, orange, brilliant yellow leaves against a crisp blue sky - it reminds why I love fall.
- Having a toddler who likes to be thankful: "Thank you for getting me my toothpaste mama", "Thank you Gramma for my new thing", "Thank you for bringing me here". It is so lovely to be told thank you.
- Seeing my daughter ferociously love all the people who I love ferociously.
- The sound of my husband's voice.
- Getting to see this, at least once a year:
Thursday, October 14, 2010
I am late sitting down this week, but this Thursday I am thankful for: